Country Sales Manager Netherlands
As Country Sales Manager Netherlands you hold end responsibility over sales in the wholesale channel in the Netherlands. Your main objective is to build and implement an effective and modern sales strategy to strengthen Van de Velde’s position in the Netherlands. You will lead a field sales team of 7 and will report to the Head of Wholesale.
- You develop and implement the annual growth plan for Wholesale for the Netherlands in line with the overall vision and strategy and contributing to the overall Wholesale sales objectives.
- You identify, develop and prioritize the local objectives and commercial strategies for independent lingerie stores, department stores and online shops.
- You deliver against the financial objectives and manage the financial processes.
- You lead, coach and develop a field sales team of 7, helping them to optimize their selling techniques, introducing new tools, … and set them up for success.
- You implement the local sales processes in the Netherlands and closely monitor and optimize field visit planning based on the requirements of the market.
- You become the Channel expert for Department stores and/or e-tailers, feeding into the overall Channel strategy.
- You manage the Sell-out (trade marketing) budgets for the Netherlands.
- You maintain frequent contacts with strategically important retail partners and prospects in order to build a long-term relationship and achieve the objectives.
- You develop a clear understanding of the local market and identify new business opportunities.
- You work together closely with your colleague Country Sales Managers to share knowledge and work on international projects. You also have a large cross functional network within the company (Design, Marketing, Customer Service, Supply Chain, …).
- You hold a Master’s degree in Economics, Business or a related field.
- You have a solid professional background (min 10 years) with proven results in Sales and People Management.
- You have an affinity with fashion and/or luxury goods.
- Knowledge of the Dutch fashion landscape is a definite advantage.
- You have experience in Wholesale management.
- Experience in department stores or e-tailers is an advantage.
- You are a fluent communicator both in Dutch and English.
- You are a team player and a team motivator.
- You are diplomatic, confident and inspiring.
- You are number-savvy and can work easily with Office applications.
- Van de Velde is a financially strong Belgian company with a strong heritage. The business has a global scope.
- The company and its brands are internationally known and appreciated.
- A chance to work with quality materials and premium brands with a high-end market position.
- Having end-to-end responsibility over sales within one of the largest countries of the business and bringing the organization to the next level.
- The chance to work in an environment with a lot of room for initiatives and strategic projects in which working cross-functionally is encouraged.
- Being part of an inspiring and supportive work environment with an open culture in which you will have the space to develop yourself both personally and professionally.
- We offer you a permanent contract with an attractive fixed and variable salary package, company car, mobile phone and other extralegal advantages.