Communication Specialist (Copywriter, Community manager & Internal communication)
Your job is to compose the right message for the right channel.
You are responsible for copywriting for our different brands (Marie Jo, PrimaDonna, Van de Velde, Lincherie and Rigby & Peller) in the right tone of voice. You understand our different brand essences and the communication needs of our target groups and you attract and inspire with your creative copywriting.
You create on- and offline copy for our lingerie brands, our retail stores and B2B channels.
o You write engaging and audience-relevant copy for our different websites, e-newsletters, social platforms, brochures, leaflets, press releases, …
o You take ownership and turn a general briefing into a well thought-through text, by collecting the right information from existing documents or expert colleagues.
Next to creating copy, you are the community manager of the social channels of our brands Marie Jo & PrimaDonna, in charge of the day-to-day management of our social media. You interact daily with their loyal fanbase. You answer consumers’ questions, comments and complaints in a professional but also modern and engaging way, in order to increase our follower base and our engagement rate. You respect the tone-of voice of each brand while doing so. When relevant, you create ad hoc posts and stories for the different platforms.
For these parts of your job, you work together with the Sr. Communications Manager, the Brand Communication Managers, the PR manager and the Graphic Designers. Besides your team, you work closely with the Brand management team, the Trade marketing team and the Digital marketing team.
Moreover, you act as our internal communication specialist, keeping the internal Van de Velde communication platforms and tools up to date and relevant. You look for improvements where needed, and you watch over the company’s house style.
You are in charge of writing or reviewing organizational messages to keep personnel informed of developments within the company.
o You ensure that internal communication messages are consistent across all mediums, for different departments of the organisation and in line with external communication messages
o You proofread texts written by colleagues or external copywriters and finetune if necessary, keeping our brands’ and company’s tone-of-voice and brand essence in mind. You support other departments (mainly HR) with copywriting and their communications for internal projects (e.g. employer branding campaign).
o You coordinate internal communication projects, such as deploying the values, and play an active role in our “VDV Connect”team, our internal engagement program, to:
Support in the organization of company events for employees (eg staff party, new year’s reception, lunch and learn sessions, wellbeing initiatives…)
ensure that such events are successfully communicated
o You send texts to the translation agency when a project requires it, follow-up deadlines and proofread the result.
You develop, implement, and keep the corporate house style up to date (e.g. corporate brand, e-mail signature, corporate visual identity). You coach and advise other departments on tone-of-voice of official documents (eg annual report) to make sure that our corporate content and tone-of-voice is consistent.
• You have experience (min. 3 years) in copywriting, preferably in a marketing communications department
• Engaging content is really your thing. You have excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Writing for the web is your second nature, just like SEO and SEA-friendly copy.
• You have experience in community management on social media. You are confident to create and share posts and stories, and to respond to both questions and complaints in a professional and consumer-friendly way, always matching the image of our premium brands.
• You are customer centric and will always take the communication needs of the end customer into account when making decisions in your day to day work
• You are a (critical) team player and will support and challenge the colleagues and teams with whom you are in close cooperation, to contribute in reaching their objectives.
• You stay on the ball when it comes to communications and copywriting. You voice improvement opportunities towards your communications manager.
• Your own input is important after every briefing. You show initiative to make sure to come to the best result and take responsibility.
• In addition to “fun” copy, you can also handle serious business. Besides writing about lingerie, you also get your energy from creating corporate and internal communications.
• You speak fluent English and Dutch and/or French.
- Working for Van de Velde means working for a value driven, international, innovative company in fashion industry, with beautiful premium brands that truly make a difference in women’s lives.
- You will work together with an international team of passionate, professional, warm, customer- and result oriented colleagues.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package
- You will get the opportunity to learn, develop and grow.