Fashion Designer Marie Jo
Are you passionate about fashion, trends and translating concepts into lingerie/swimwear? Do you have a feel for luxurious and premium brands and materials? Are you also a meticulous person striving for perfection in every design? And are you ultimately ambitious to grow towards your full potential as a Fashion Designer? Apply for the function of Fashion Designer in our Marie Jo Brand Design Team.
- Together with your colleagues, you will be responsible for the creation of our collections for Marie Jo/Marie Jo l'Aventure
- You will be part of the Brand Design Team (with Fashion Designers, Pattern Makers, Material Engineers, Production Engineers and specialist Seamstresses)
- You show talent in translating the conceptual design and trends into feasible and specific forms, patterns, materials, colors, etc. In brief, together with the team you translate the conceptual design into lingerie
- Together with the technical design team, you translate the new concepts into brand proof lingerie lines
- You develop an understanding of the design process and design skills related to lingerie
- You work towards a strict timeline, meeting all deadlines
- You have a Master’s degree in fashion design, 3 to 5 years of work experience is a plus
- You are creative and dynamic
- You have a strong understanding of fashion trends and the Marie Jo brand DNA
- You have a passion for lingerie, quality, detail and precision
- You show good technical knowledge, draping and basic pattern making skills with an understanding of garment construction
- You are a team player with a hands-on mentality and the ability to multi-task
- You are willing to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- You have excellent communication and organization skills, as well as excellent computer skills (MS Office, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- You speak Dutch or are willing to learn Dutch. Communicating in English is a must, French is a plus
- Working for Van de Velde means working for a value driven, international, innovative company in fashion industry, with beautiful premium brands that truly make a difference in women’s lives.
- You will work together with a team of passionate colleagues.
- You get the opportunity to develop the collections for a premium brand
- You will get the opportunity to learn, develop and grow.