International Product Merchandiser
Fancy a job as a "International Product Merchandiser" in fashion? Van de Velde is probably the right fit for you. With over 100 years of experience, Van de Velde creates and produces the famous premium lingerie brands, Marie Jo, PrimaDonna and Andres Sarda. Do you want to be part of one very committed and highly professional team, +1500 employees worldwide? Van de Velde lingerie, listed on the stock exchange for 25 years, continues to grow and is looking for a talented and enthusiastic "International Product Merchandiser" for our retail concepts, based in Belgium.
Purpose: 'we ignite the power in women'
In 2022, we defined the Van de Velde purpose: 'we ignite the power in women' from our company values:
We are driven by Passion | We breathe Quality | We are authentic | We focus on Consumers and Customers | We are Entrepreneurial | Together we are Strong.
Van de Velde is a company where employees have always been key. We strongly believe in the power and potential of people, and in the power in women in particular. This is reflected in our relationship with employees, consumers and women in society.
We are looking for a colleague who can help us grow, shares the same values and who is looking forward to building a marketing future with us. Are you willing to make a positive difference? Move your career forward and come work at Van de Velde lingerie!
As international product merchandiser for our physical DtC (Direct to Consumer) concepts (Rigby & Peller and Lincherie), you’re responsible for all areas where Van de Velde group is in charge, and responsible for managing the space & assortment (e.g. franchise, O&O, concessions & consignments). You'll mainly focus on the following countries: Germany, France, Denmark, UK, US & the Netherlands.
Your responsibilities include the following:
- Reporting and analysing of all physical DtC activities: report & analyse the business regularly from all angles (margin, brand performance, ...), vendor reporting, margin reporting (incl. safeguarding an optimal margin), set-up all needed product- & margin reporting in our POS system, build core assortment programs in our POS system, ...
- Keep track of (seasonal) budgets: prepare seasonal budgets (in collaboration with all stakeholders) & guarantee a frequent follow-up during the season, adjust seasonal budget when necessary and manage seasonal OTB budgets.
- (In Season) replenishment & stock management: weekly replenishment orders on non-seasonal assortment, follow-up on outstanding orders, follow-up on seasonal replenishment, bi-annual reviews of stayer assortment, analyse stock & look for possible reductions, reallocate/consolidate transfers of stock between stores & support where necessary with goods-in processes or stock takes.
- Promotions and Mark downs: determine sale-strategy & critical path/timeline, prepare markdown proposals & upload them into the system, follow-up & analyse markdown performance during sales periods, communicate all necessary info to our stores.
You'll collaborate closely with the international buyer, product merchandiser and/or other stakeholders. In this role, you'll also build & maintain strong relationships across departments and with external parties.
You'll work from our HQ in Schellebelle and will report directly into the Head of Retail.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree (preferably in Commercial Sciences or another relevant domain), or are equal through experience.
- You have a minimum of 3 to 5 years in Buying & Merchandising, preferably in the fashion or luxury industry.
- You're fluent in English & Dutch (both written & spoken). Knowledge of other languages is considered a plus.
- A high knowledge of Excel (templates, advanced formulas, ...) is a must.
- You have excellent analytical skills, with a strong commercial & business awareness.
- You're a strong communicator who connects easily with others.
- You demonstrate strong organizational skills with a high level of detail-orientation & efficiency.
- You’re a problem-solver and love working towards continuous improvements.
- You can handle multiple diverse projects in a timely manner.
- You’re a team player with the necessary skills to coach, advice, convince & influence others
- You're able to work from our HQ in Belgium.
- A full-time contract of indefinite duration in Belgium (Schellebelle HQ).
- A competitive salary with extra-legal benefits in function of the job.
- A thorough on-the-job training at the start of your employment to ensure personal growth.
- A challenging and autonomous job in a stable, internationally listed fashion company with a pleasant company culture where there is room for initiative and ideas.